Question Microphone sounds not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2019
I've tried both laptop built-in microphone and my headset microphone and none work
The microphone is turned on in privacy settings and system sounds settings but it does nothing
The headset microphone works on my phones and other computer but not on my laptop
I also updated my Realtek HD Audio Drivers and other sound related drivers now I have no idea what else to do
If it matters I'm using Acer Nitro 5

Have you tried this...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

NOTE: If you don't see the microphone listed (internal or external one), right click on the empty white background of that window and make sure that the options to show disabled and show disconnected are both checked.

Sep 21, 2019
Have you tried this...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
NOTE: If you don't see the microphone listed (internal or external one), right click on the empty white background of that window and make sure that the options to show disabled and show disconnected are both checked.
I don't have set up microphone option after configure but i did try changing the properties tho, still doesnt work

They aren't just talking external mic, it is also a problem with the internal one.

The setup would be there for an external mic, not usually for an internal one. Also the mic would have to be connected at the time.

I know this is a basic question, but it happens to be the problem way to often, are you certain the microphone isn't muted?

Sep 21, 2019
They aren't just talking external mic, it is also a problem with the internal one.

The setup would be there for an external mic, not usually for an internal one. Also the mic would have to be connected at the time.

I know this is a basic question, but it happens to be the problem way to often, are you certain the microphone isn't muted?
Yeah I've unmuted it in both privacy settings and system settings

Sep 21, 2019
Other than a damaged part, then I am out of ideas. If it is under warranty, then I would suggest contacting the manufacturer. If not, then try a local tech.
It is under warranty but it just was serviced like a week or two ago because keyboard was broken ( some buttons were freezing like stopping working then working again after a while ) and they changed the laptop keyboard and I didnt test the microphone after the repair so maybe yeah it's damaged but thanks for your wasted time

Status
Not open for further replies.