Microsoft Dubs iPhone 4 as Apple's 'Windows Vista'

Status
Not open for further replies.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Its the apps that make the iPhone attractive...As long as Windows phone 7 will have a half decent app store that is easy to use and developers embrace it, I wouldn't mind picking one up and ditching apple's closed system...

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Agree, Microsoft could very well get a pretty big share of the market if they make it easier WP7 easy to use and easy to develops aps for

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I like MS but they're not doing their reputation any good by boasting "ha ha, you failed just like us!". Many of their customers are still very upset about Vista.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]So what is Apple's Windows ME?[/citation]
Over using i in-front of everything.

G

I actually prefer a closed system for a phone, as long as a good variety of apps is available and you can get a devkit for not much money.
I'm not interested in getting malware on my phone, or on software that crashes. On my PC that is a different matter, but on my phone, I want the OS protected.
As for the antenna problem, it certainly is an issue for some, but I haven't had a dropout yet, I guess I just don't hold my phone that way or our coverage is good enough.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]domenic[/nom]I like MS but they're not doing their reputation any good by boasting "ha ha, you failed just like us!". Many of their customers are still very upset about Vista.[/citation]
It's like all those Republicans who say the BP oil spill is Obama's Katrina. What is Apple's "Mission Accomplished" or "falling from a segway" or "choking on a pretzel?"

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
@microsoftman
Please tell me what security services iphones come with?
The system is closed in that only crapple approved apps make it to their marketplace and supposedly work well with non-jailbroken phones. They limit what the developers can do, hence a closed system. Not like an open system where anyone can write anything for the system. Being closed doesn't mean being secure. You can still pick up malware from going to a website.

rextrendy

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Sorry, not true. People actually want the iPhone, no matter how it performs. I can't think of anyone that wanted Vista after it came out.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]microsftman[/nom]I actually prefer a closed system for a phone, as long as a good variety of apps is available and you can get a devkit for not much money.I'm not interested in getting malware on my phone, or on software that crashes. On my PC that is a different matter, but on my phone, I want the OS protected.As for the antenna problem, it certainly is an issue for some, but I haven't had a dropout yet, I guess I just don't hold my phone that way or our coverage is good enough.[/citation]
I think you might be missing the point here...

Status
Not open for further replies.