Microsoft Gives Dog His Own Xbox Live Account

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have had satisfactory experiences with MS's customer support - albeit when the product was within warranty.
When the dongle blew on my wireless desktop, I called for a replacement and received an entirely new desktop free of charge. Not even shipping was charged.
Only problem was, they sent me the wrong one... Another call to MS solved the problem and I received the correct replacement 2 days later. I was not even asked to ship back the wrong one they had mistakenly sent.
Compared to most others, I'd have to say their service center and warranty replacement policy are pretty darn good.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
microsoft PR department is really top notch these days, I can't think of a simple complaint against them.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]wesblog[/nom]This is unprecedented. From my experience Microsoft customer support only exist to inform you they are keeping your money. Every representative I have spoken to has told me they are completely incapable of giving refunds on inappropriate charges and one recommended I dispute it with my credit card company. Sure enough AMEX got my 7.95 back but one week later my xbox account was suspended despite 11 months remaining on my prepaid card, which, by the way, is not refundable.[/citation]

Well had your report made it into the mainstream news...then I'm sure they would have given you a refund for PR, but since your just a lowly customer, your don't matter. Welcome to Microsoft =P

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]aapocketz[/nom]this needs an edit buttonhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_refund[/citation]
Thank you. Very interesting read...
I wonder how this would go over in Canada... worth a try I guess.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I guess this is how the conversation went:

Microsoft Support: Hello, this is XBox Live Support how may I help you?
Greg: My dog ate my controller and bought 5000 points.
MS: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Greg: Are you laughing at me?
MS: Ohh sorry, uhh canceled the CC transaction.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I would rather see better service to human customers...and why the hell can't I make my own Gamer Picture? c'mon MS, I would even pay for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.