Microsoft Office Licensing Agreement Issue

Dannynutdude2

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
I had bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro a couple of months ago and the screen had cracked when I had opened it on the day I received it. I had installed Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition on to it before it had cracked, however. I received a replacement with the same Office loaded on to it. However, when I open up any Office application (Word, Powerpoint etc), it says that Office is unlicensed and I am unable to use it. What must I now do? Must I purchase Office again? Must I give MS double the amount of money for Office because they couldn't be bothered to address issues like these? Should I consult the retailer I had bought it from????? I don't know what to do now.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

If you made an MS account, the key should be tied to it and probably manageable from there. If not, call MS.

Did you try anything like using your code again to register the program? Does not sound like an actual issue yet till you tried to use your code to activate it. If it does not work then, you may need to contact them to clear the code for use again or have them generate you a new one.