Microsoft Pushing WA State to Legalize Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I give Microsoft credit for taking a stance on the subject you don't have to agree with them on it, but at least respect they take a view on the matter.

G

Microsoft shouldn't take a stance, it's a corporation, not a political action group. This is only about political correctness and appearances.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
The more you push this subject the more ppl will accept it. The more that accept it equates to less babies being born and raised. Therefore the less total amount of customers. No matter how much you dont like it or disagree with it. Homosexuals hurt the future of humans because they cant produce offspring. That will never change, heterosexual activity will ALWAYS have to happen to make a baby in some form or another(sperm donor?). As far as business goes it will hurt business in the long run from less ppl in the world to buy their stuff. Wont happen today or tomorrow, but it will happen the more wide spread it goes.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]yay microsoft! hooray for forward thinking people![/citation]
what's so forward thinking about this? i think it's backward thinking....there is a reason for a penis and a peepee hole....1+1=3 not 2....if you don't get the math here is so me help....1= woman, the other 1 is for the man and 3 is for the result of hot sex :p

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Gay marriage, froward thinking? Wtf...I have nothing against homosexuals, but the marriage is something sacred, and the bible forbids homosexuality. So why would homosexuals want to marry? Be together and stop whining.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]zoenphlux[/nom]The more you push this subject the more ppl will accept it. The more that accept it equates to less babies being born and raised. Therefore the less total amount of customers. No matter how much you dont like it or disagree with it. Homosexuals hurt the future of humans because they cant produce offspring. That will never change, heterosexual activity will ALWAYS have to happen to make a baby in some form or another(sperm donor?). As far as business goes it will hurt business in the long run from less ppl in the world to buy their stuff. Wont happen today or tomorrow, but it will happen the more wide spread it goes.[/citation]

As a number lets say homosexuals make up 10% of the population of the earth. You'd have to be stupid to look at a country like India or China and say that that 10% is slowing down the rate at which their population increases in any meaningful way.

Additionally you talk like homosexuality is a choice (which it isn't), this is just another indicator of what you don't know and I can't fault you for that.

As for microsoft taking a stance: if more mega corps go hey you should do this because we think you should, (this being a reflection of the leader ship and likely their stock holders); it would be yet another voice in favour of personal freedoms; something which the United States is quite keen on last I checked.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Ok, let me make this clear.... I'm neither for, nor against gay marriage. It has no direct impact on MY life what so ever.

Now, to the topic at hand. Exactly what is wrong with granting equal rights to ALL people? This isn't even an issue of gay/lesbian marriage. It's a question of EQUAL RIGHTS. As I said, I'm neither for nor against gay marriage. I don't care if they're allowed to marry or not. However, I'm all for EQUAL RIGHTS. So, either allow gay/lesbian marriage....or ban marriage altogether. The question as to what rights a person is afforded should not be affected by their sexual preference.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]As a number lets say homosexuals make up 10% of the population of the earth. You'd have to be stupid to look at a country like India or China and say that that 10% is slowing down the rate at which their population increases in any meaningful way.Additionally you talk like homosexuality is a choice (which it isn't), this is just another indicator of what you don't know and I can't fault you for that. As for microsoft taking a stance: if more mega corps go hey you should do this because we think you should, (this being a reflection of the leader ship and likely their stock holders); it would be yet another voice in favour of personal freedoms; something which the United States is quite keen on last I checked.[/citation]

Studies are flawed, there are many indicators that prove it is indeed a choice.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Studies are flawed, there are many indicators that prove it is indeed a choice.[/citation]

Which are peer reviewed and published in which internationally recognized journals? Give me links I want to read them then I can change what I think. (The more you know....)

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Gay marriage, froward thinking? Wtf...I have nothing against homosexuals, but the marriage is something sacred, and the bible forbids homosexuality. So why would homosexuals want to marry? Be together and stop whining.[/citation]
In the US, marriage has no link to religion. Of course, ignorant bible thumpers are always against EQUAL RIGHTS. This is the exact reason I think that religion should be banned. Religions do nothing but create mindless drones and start wars.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Studies are flawed, there are many indicators that prove it is indeed a choice.[/citation]
Show me undeniable proof that homosexuality is a choice....and please, find credible sources that weren't influenced by religious funding....

monsta

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
The homophobes have spoken....

There are many gay people out there in the industry that should not be discriminated for their sexual preference, why should their talent be wasted?

Status
Not open for further replies.