Solved! Microsoft Surface : problem with the USB port for an external screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2018
Hello

I have a Microsoft Surface 3 256G on which I try unsuccessfully to connect an external screen ASUS MB168B with an USB cable : it connects / disconnects in a loop without stopping. I tested on another laptop under Windows 10, the screen works well and is recognized without problems).
I thought the problem could be related to the Windows USB power supply option (the ASUS screen is powered by USB). But this option is not available in Windows Power Management on Surface.

Would anyone have an idea of what might be causing this problem? If the USB power management track can be the right one and how can we fix it on Surface?

Thank you very much for your help,
Caroline

Solution
Contact MS support, if the screen is powered though USB, there is really no way to configure the system to provide more power to the port. Very likely you will just have to use a standard monitor with a video cable.
Nov 1, 2018

Thank you for your answer. Somebody else brang me another interesting solution
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013941/

It works, as it stopped to connect/disconnect , but now the screen stays on a sleeping mode, and does not want to work. Really strange...if somebody has an answer. Thanks from France:)

Status
Not open for further replies.