microsoft visual C++ runtime library. runtime error

mlghosh_1949

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
I cannot play avi file in divx10.2.4 version player message giving "microsoft visual C++ runtime library, runtime error . C:\program files\divx\divx player\divxplayer.exe

Solution
(1) Completely uninstall Divx and restart.

(2) Delete these folders.
--C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX
--C:\Program Files\DivX
--C:\ProgramData\DivX
--C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DivX
(*Username* = Your Username.)

(3) Empty the recycle bin.

(4) download install and run registry cleaner of your choice.

(5) Restart when done.

(6) Download Divx Player V9.1.3 from filehippo.com [link removed]

(7) Install it but do not allow it to download the update. This part is Important.

(8) After the install completes and your browser opens. An update will show up for the web player. This is safe to do. Your notification area will show an update is available. I recommend right clicking this and selecting do not remind me or ignore...

rachelew

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
(1) Completely uninstall Divx and restart.

(2) Delete these folders.
--C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX
--C:\Program Files\DivX
--C:\ProgramData\DivX
--C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\DivX
(*Username* = Your Username.)

(3) Empty the recycle bin.

(4) download install and run registry cleaner of your choice.

(5) Restart when done.

(6) Download Divx Player V9.1.3 from filehippo.com [link removed]

(7) Install it but do not allow it to download the update. This part is Important.

(8) After the install completes and your browser opens. An update will show up for the web player. This is safe to do. Your notification area will show an update is available. I recommend right clicking this and selecting do not remind me or ignore. Also in Codec Settings; Updates; select Never.

That should fix it. There appears to be something left in one of the folders that mangles any future installations of Divx as well as any downgrades also. Make sure to delete the folders listed above.

Solution

I stopped using DivX player long time ago (since VLC started playing anything out of the box). But promoting un-official download page (which does not work, BTW) is non-professional, at least.