Microsoft: Xbox 360 Not Having Blu-ray is Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Why do they justify being $100 cheaper because they do not offer blu-ray...

I think the last time I saw a video tap was at the thrift shop, or at the mission when I donated them to some one that could use them more than me.

DVD's are not quite there yet, but they are also on the way out.

With the D TV revolution, most people have 16:9 tv's now. If the console does not support 1080p it fails.

Also like they said, 3 DVD's for one game, vs. 1 blu ray... Have fun switching out discs part way through the game, I think the last time that happened, I decided it was time to upgrade and donate.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
$199 starting price. True , but you have to buy a hardrive which is a 100 plus dollars and the controllers are 10 dollars cheaper but you have to buy the $20 play and charge kit. I'm not even going to go into the wifi adaptor. But the 360 is ALL hidden fees. Red Ring anyone? I had 2 360's RR in 2 months and i could never finish devil may cry because it scratched my disk so bad that it wouldn't read it. Now i game mostly on my pc but i bought a ps3 for final fantasy and i haven't had one thing to b$tch about. If theres a game i want and its on pc i'll get it if its not than its probably for ps3.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Sir, you are on crack Cocain. Your system isn't even in the same League as a PS3, your mind has
left your body. You do not own the streaming video in which you are talking about, you are simply redirecting it to your system for a $ 60.00 a year prescription plus monthly Netflix Fee's. Last but not least your not streaming true HD video through your system, your streaming an upscaled 480 video to 720P which is a far cry short of Bluray quality which is 1080P * 1920P. Further more Netflix and any other streaming video company that you maybe talking about only offers about 20 percent of their lineup in streaming Video. So please go see a doctor and get your head re-attached to your body, then maybe you can think straight.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
The main reason why they sale so many console it's because they let themselves hack, they knew which console to ban a long time ago but decided to ban in mass. It's just to boost up their figure and it's the reason why they sale more console than PS3.

Wii is hackable and cheap, they make great sale, XBOX is hackable and relatively cheap and make great sale, PS3 is not hackable and does not have a great network and they don't have the sale because of that.

Now they have ban more than 1 million XBOX consoles people will buy new one so is one of the reason for the bigger figure than Wii and guest what Microsoft seem to catch up with Wii console but Wii even they try to circumvent hacking they are not playing the same game as Microsoft which make them lag behind.

All in all they should not pats themselves in the back because of the blu-ray thing but because they let their console get hack and ban them later. Microsoft as always played like that and they are mostly #1 in the market because of that(in general figure)

jla0

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Huh, I can buy an Xbox 360 Arcade for $128 canadian @ walmart and $129 @ bestbuy, dell.ca and futureshop...

Seems way cheaper then the PS3 now doesn't it?

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As many have said, the bare XBox is that ... really bare. No rechargeable batteries for the remotes, no wi-fi, no HDD and you have to pay for decent online gaming. Just adding the 120GB HDD to the Arcade models brings it to the same price as the PS3 slim with same size HDD ...

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jla0[/nom]Huh, I can buy an Xbox 360 Arcade for $128 canadian @ walmart and $129 @ bestbuy, dell.ca and futureshop...Seems way cheaper then the PS3 now doesn't it?[/citation]

Good job, young one. You've encountered what is called a "sale". A "sale" is when products are marked down from their regular MRSP to a less expensive price at the expense of either the retailer or the manufacturer (in this case, the manufacturer).

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
The one on sale it's made for the people that had their XBOX ban so they can get a new one at a cheap price and use their old hard drive and such. The new firmware to hack your console has not get ban since 2 week what a amazing coincidence ;)

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol.
"the ability to [play] 1080p movies with no disc, no download required"

so how do you get it?

give us good internet, then you guys can bang on about DD all you like.

personally, I'll pay the premium, and I like movies, the old argument still remains: the ps3 IS better value, if you use all of it's functionality (which I do). It looks the part too, more high end than the xbox. good to see these two equal valid products going after slightly different markets. everyone is happy.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Nearly twice the installed base? Last I checked, both consoles had total sales at just over 40 million so far, with the PS3 extremely close to the 360.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
he is pointing out the fact that the xbox 360 sales blow away ps3. All you PS3 fanbois can run along now. and for the moron who said that 360 does not support 1080p think again. Just because it wont play a movie at 1080p does not mean the video games arent 1080p.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Sir, you are on crack Cocain. Your system isn't even in the same League as a PS3, your mind hasleft your body. You do not own the streaming video in which you are talking about, you are simply redirecting it to your system for a $ 60.00 a year prescription plus monthly Netflix Fee's. Last but not least your not streaming true HD video through your system, your streaming an upscaled 480 video to 720P which is a far cry short of Bluray quality which is 1080P * 1920P. Further more Netflix and any other streaming video company that you maybe talking about only offers about 20 percent of their lineup in streaming Video. So please go see a doctor and get your head re-attached to your body, then maybe you can think straight.[/citation]

Sir your on crack cocain. Let me help you.

Yes you dont own the streaming movie your talking about, thats why its called streaming. Redirecting it to your system for 60 bucks? Since when is live 60 bucks? Ive had live for 6 years and Ive never paid 60 bucks. Hell you can even find it for 34 bucks at amazon.com. Im so tired of this age old argument of omg the xbox you have to pay for online crap its getting old. If you cant afford $4.16 a month then I suggest you go mow some more lawns or stop relying on your mommy and daddy to buy you stuff. The problem is that overtime the ps3 has not and will not live up to the expectations that sony wanted us to believe. And you can stop adding fees onto the xbox that have nothing to do with it. How can you attribute netflix charge to the xbox when its just a service that is by choice. The netflix service on the ps3 cant even compare to the one on the xbox. The netflix interface is not even in hd resolution and looks like crap and its castrated compared to the xbox one. And the streaming is 480 upscaled to 720p? Where the hell did you get that from? By your crap statements and not knowing a thing about tecnology, I know for a fact that you dont own a xbox or never seen one in action. In the zune marketplace you stream 1080p movies with 5.1 sound you idiot. But I cant blame you cause you dont own an xbox.

Your what I call a lame. You dont know what the hell your talking about but you have so much to say. Im a gamer not a fanboy and I own the ps3,xbox360 and a 2500 dollar i7 gaming rig because I like to have choices. It bothers me that people like you are so stupid and limit yourself and market the hell outta the ps3. Before you and other idiots want to spout propaganda cause your fanboys ask yourself this question, Do numbers ever lie? The tribe has spoken regardless what your little brain thinks about a system. Look at the games that are sold on the platforms and the 360 outsells the hell outta the ps3 and the NPD data supports that. Look at the coveted exclusives that ps3 has, why does the exclusives for the 360 shatter the ones in terms of sales? Your drake, old snake,killzone 2 and kratos combined have not and will not outsell what halo did in a day. Since kratos came out today ill bet he will struggle to do 2 million in a week. People really need to stop jerkin off to the playstation and see it for what it is.

I and just like anyone that has comments doesnt own any stock in xbox or playstation so why do you feel like you have to always be childish and say mine is better than yours. You use you system in a way that suits you and i do the same it doesnt make you elite trust me.

You can say what you want about me but the ps3 has not lived up to what it was supposed to be in terms of next generation gaming. Look at this recent example; GOW3 is only 8 hours long! Now I thought they were susposed to be touting blu ray as having 50gb of storage that games can be bigger and more detailed. Name me some games without googling that run in 1080p? The only blockbuster that I know was metal gear. You wanna know why games on the ps3 dont run in 1080p? Because the paultry 256mb of ram it has for video. More ram equals higher res graphics and better framerates. The box has double that so see the box is faster in some areas and the ps3 is faster in others.

After my long rant, just be a gamer and look at it for what it is. If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck and talks like a duck, its a mother@#$%in duck!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]$199 starting price. True , but you have to buy a hardrive which is a 100 plus dollars and the controllers are 10 dollars cheaper but you have to buy the $20 play and charge kit. I'm not even going to go into the wifi adaptor. But the 360 is ALL hidden fees. Red Ring anyone? I had 2 360's RR in 2 months and i could never finish devil may cry because it scratched my disk so bad that it wouldn't read it. Now i game mostly on my pc but i bought a ps3 for final fantasy and i haven't had one thing to b$tch about. If theres a game i want and its on pc i'll get it if its not than its probably for ps3.[/citation]

You don't have to buy a hard drive. Since when have you HAD to buy a hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.