Solved! Mitsubishi ws 55411 Power shuts down?

Carnivorous Habit

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I have a mitsubishi ws 55411 tv. When you turn it on the power shuts down after a few seconds. It makes a clicking sound out of the bottom left side of the back of the tv. Is it worth fixing or is it time for a new set?

Solution
Hold down the menu and input keys after it shuts down. After a few seconds it should give you a two-digit code.

There a mulitple reasons this model can shut down. Some are easy, and some are catastrophic. Have you looked inside? Check for liquid damage on the signal board (left hand from back) - these models would leak coolant onto the signal module. (Worst case scenario there.)

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Hold down the menu and input keys after it shuts down. After a few seconds it should give you a two-digit code.

There a mulitple reasons this model can shut down. Some are easy, and some are catastrophic. Have you looked inside? Check for liquid damage on the signal board (left hand from back) - these models would leak coolant onto the signal module. (Worst case scenario there.)

Solution

mayorgrubb

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
I have the same problem. the power shuts off after 2 seconds. I held the Menu and Input buttons and the power light just flashes. every time i press the power button it shuts off after two seconds. I looked in the back and there was some liquid on a green board on the left side. the liquid looked rusty grayish. lookin from the front, the bottom of the housing that holds the light right above where the liquid was looked rusted in spots. Is this coolant and how serious is the problem if it is. Cost estimate? Repair or buy a new LCD?