Prominent
May 28, 2017
Hello. I have a custom built PC. Here are the specs:

CPU: i5-6600k processor
RAM: 16GB TridentZ
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 Gaming G-1
MOBO: Gigabyte z170XP-SLI
Monitor: Asus VG245H

I plugged in my headphones(it has a built-in mic), and the sound worked fine.

However, when I tried using the built-in microphone for Skype, it did not work. The mic is not broken, it works for my phone.

So I went into the Sound settings in the Control Panel. The sound is coming from my headphones, but it shows that it's coming from my monitor, "VG245-4."

I have Realtek HD Audio Driver installed on my PC. When I tried making the "Realtek Digital Output," I stopped getting any sound.

Also, the "Speakers" says it's "not plugged in," and I can't even configure it.

How do I get my monitor to recognize my headphones? And how can I start using the built-in mic on my headphones?

Thank you all in advance.

Sarofendor

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Try plugging the headphones into your PC and see if they work. Also if you are using a connection like DVI or VGA, try HDMI or Display port and see if that fixes it.

roobikscubemaster

Prominent
May 28, 2017

Which port should I plug it into? I tired the front two jacks of my Corsair Spec-1 Case with no avail.

I am currently using HDMI to connect my monitor to my PC

roobikscubemaster

Prominent
May 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from roobikscubemaster : "Built-in Microphone Not Working on Monitor Headphone Jack"

Hello. I have a custom built PC. Here are the specs:

CPU: i5-6600k processor
RAM: 16GB TridentZ
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 Gaming G-1
MOBO: Gigabyte z170XP-SLI
Case: Corsair SPEC-1
Monitor: Asus VG245H
Monitor connected to PC via HDMI cable

I plugged in my headphones(it has a built-in mic), and the sound worked fine.

However, when I tried using the built-in microphone for Skype, it did not work. The mic is not broken, it works for my phone.

So I went into the Sound settings in the Control Panel. The sound is coming from my headphones, but in the "Sound" menu it shows that it's coming from my monitor, "VG245-4."

I have Realtek HD Audio Driver installed on my PC. When I tried making the "Realtek Digital Output," I stopped getting any sound.

Also, the "Speakers" says it's "not plugged in," and I can't even configure it.

I tried using the front ports of my case, but "Realtek HD Audio Manager" only gives me the option of "headphones" or "microphones." I want both at the same time.

In summary, here are my questions:
1) How do I get my monitor to recognize my headphones?
2) How can I use my headphone and its built-in microphone using one jack?

Thank you all in advance.