Monitor headphone out to computer line in.

puddz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Basically as the title says. What im trying to do is be able to listen to my computer as well as ps4/switch when they are on. Current set up is having my computer connect to the speakers and then when I'm playing ps4/switch, swap the speaker cable to the monitor. But that only lets me listen to either the computer or the ps4/switch, not both.
So what im thinking of trying is getting a 3.5mm Jack Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable, plugging it into the headphone jack (which the speakers normally connect to when playing ps4/switch) and my computers line in.
But I dont know if it will work and im worried about any problems that might happen.

spiketheaardvark

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
You need a mixer. Combine multiple audio into a single output that you can then use for speakers/headphones.
Something like this will work and it's cheap https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MX400-BEHRINGER-MICROMIX/dp/B000KGYAYQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1530640102&sr=8-6&keywords=mixer+audio
Check the inputs they might be the larger size headphone jacks(1/4in) you can get some adaptor for about 5 more dollars.

also Some mixers have dedicated headphone jacks in case you have a mixed speaker/headphone use case.

puddz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009

I know a mixer would solve it. I was thinking of getting this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LPT8KQA/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01LPT8KQA&pd_rd_r=38ccef10-7ef2-11e8-a371-c3add4610fbe&pd_rd_w=wA6Nv&pd_rd_wg=J9YPk&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=VXX6MJK9S7PZGKDM9MGK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=3f864f39-8ffa-4502-be90-8c4bad04df38&pf_rd_i=desktop but was hoping to find a cheaper alternative.
But if it wont work, will the mixer I linked be fine?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hong_kong_dusk Audio 4
ET5115 Audio 1
T Audio 1
S Audio 1
D Audio 1
H Audio 2
G Audio 1
J Audio 7
M Audio 1
M Audio 2
D Audio 3