Monster cable question

Solution

I'm sorry, I don't see a question here. What do you need to know?

Update: Sorry, I re-read it and I see the question. Many cables by any manufacturer are copper coated with a thin plating of tin to reduce corrosion. Silver is a better conductor that copper, which is better than tin. I could look up the actual numbers, but so could you.
Some of Monster's cables actually do use a silver plating, supposedly to increase the conductivity (reduce resistance). In practive, it usually does not make enough difference to justify the...

tomc53

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014

I'm sorry, I don't see a question here. What do you need to know?

Update: Sorry, I re-read it and I see the question. Many cables by any manufacturer are copper coated with a thin plating of tin to reduce corrosion. Silver is a better conductor that copper, which is better than tin. I could look up the actual numbers, but so could you.
Some of Monster's cables actually do use a silver plating, supposedly to increase the conductivity (reduce resistance). In practive, it usually does not make enough difference to justify the cost. Hence the comment by USAFRet. I tend to agree that Monster is very proud of their cables, which may be 5% better than unknown brands, but cost 2-3 times as much.

Solution