Motion blur is driving me crazy!!

jblancarte

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
hi everybody,

i recently got a 55 inch samsung led (samsung UN55B8000). that's the good news, here's the bad. when i pop in a blu ray disc (namely the dark knight) i get this insane amount of motion blur whenever say, people are running in the movie, or there are any other fast action scenes. it looks so horrible it makes me want to drive my head into a wall!!

does anyone know of any fixes out there, or am i screwed out of a couple thousand dollars? any help (or even closure) would be greatly appreciated as i have scoured the net and haven't seen any solutions. thanks!

Solution

I would check your Auto Motion Plus settings. I preffer having it set to custom with blur reduction at 10 and judder reduction at 4. Play with the settings and...

casey_souder

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

I would check your Auto Motion Plus settings. I preffer having it set to custom with blur reduction at 10 and judder reduction at 4. Play with the settings and find what you like best.

Casey

Solution

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
My experience has been to entirely disable the advanced features like noise reduction and jitter correction. LG's are horrid looking as well with all that software junk turned up. Au naturale works pretty darn well.

rtbernal

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
so the title says solved.. what was the solution?? i have the un55b6000 with the same problem. talkin to tech support online over and over never solved anything. i finally called the "big dog" department that the online techs referred me to. and they said i needed someone to talk a look at the tv.. did those recommended settings work? Or did a tech fix it? if you get notification of someone replying to your post please email me and let me know what your solution was. maybe it will work for me.. thanks
atreyu3580@hotmail.com