moto g 3 sd card only visible for about an hour after reboot.

wpease

Honorable
Oct 23, 2016
I have an issue where my moto g3 sd card shows up for a while after restart then vanishes without any warning. It is formatted as internal storage. Photos, video on it are visible after reboot then it doesnt appear on 'storage' nor are the photos visible.

Previously it used to at least say SD card not found, reinsert.

Then I tried the cache and system cache clears on this tutorial:
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3063631/fix-card-read-error-upgrading-android-marshmallow.html

now the SD card silently vanishes an hour or so after reboot, It's 16 G and I was counting on it to extend memory. This phone has run Android Marshmallow (6.0) since I got it a year ago. The firmware says it's current. any help most appreciated.
Thanks
W.

Solution
Sounds like either there is a problem with the SD card slot, or the card itself. To continue using as is risks losing what is on it.

First try checking to make sure there is no damage in the slot itself and no dust or debris. If that is OK, then I would suggest you move whatever you have on the card back to the phone and then replace the card.

NOTE: Any apps installed directly to the card that were never on the phone's actual internal storage will likely not be able to be moved to the phone. They would have to be uninstalled and then reinstalled when you got a new card.
Sounds like either there is a problem with the SD card slot, or the card itself. To continue using as is risks losing what is on it.

First try checking to make sure there is no damage in the slot itself and no dust or debris. If that is OK, then I would suggest you move whatever you have on the card back to the phone and then replace the card.

NOTE: Any apps installed directly to the card that were never on the phone's actual internal storage will likely not be able to be moved to the phone. They would have to be uninstalled and then reinstalled when you got a new card.

Solution