Motorola Droid "back" button broken

timothy2180

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Hello,

I have a Motorola Droid(original version) and its back button no longer works. I hit the home button, use an app to close all applications and then reopen the application I was using, all in order to go "back".

I am not up for the "new every two" perk offered by Verizon, and if the back button worked, I would be more than happy with my Droid.

So my question for you is this:

Can I get this "fixed" or would I have to buy a whole new phone?

If it can be fixed, would I have to send it into Verizon or is there an alternative?

Thank you for your time,
Tim

Solution
Hey Tim,

If you cant get the phone fixed, there IS a solution. 2 in fact.
A program called "button savior" is available on the android market, as is another called "soft keys"

Both allow on screen button replacements for the android hard keys at the bottom of the screen.
You need to "root" your phone for either of these to work using "SuperOneClick".

This allows root access to install unapproved apps, with greater control over your device than the manufacturers will generally allow.

This voids your warrentee, but, your phone is broken anyway, so I say, Go For It!

Good luck!
citygazer@hotmail.com

aeaink

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Think your best bet is to call Verizon first to see what choices they offer you. Also, check Verizon, Motorola, and other websites to see if other people have had the same problem and if they were able to resolve it.

Hope this helps

kiwiscole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Hey Tim,

If you cant get the phone fixed, there IS a solution. 2 in fact.
A program called "button savior" is available on the android market, as is another called "soft keys"

Both allow on screen button replacements for the android hard keys at the bottom of the screen.
You need to "root" your phone for either of these to work using "SuperOneClick".

This allows root access to install unapproved apps, with greater control over your device than the manufacturers will generally allow.

This voids your warrentee, but, your phone is broken anyway, so I say, Go For It!

Good luck!
citygazer@hotmail.com

Solution