Motorola Droid X Confirmed for July

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I assume they're using the 1GHz Texas Instruments OMAP4440 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore + PowerVR SGX 540 GPU + C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor). As per Wikipedia, the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore uses the ARM v7 instruction set architecture.

Puns

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Pshh, DROID, DROID ERIS, DROID X... when are they bringing out DROID R2D2? Come on, it's the DROID everyone's looking for!

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Verizon will nickel and dime you. I'm still game on picking up Sprint's Android phone in Feb when my contract with At&t expires.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]iPhone 4 is such a nicer phone than this plastic crap Motorola keeps hashing together.[/citation]
c'mon doomtomb..i got an iphone 4g too, but lets please not start this opinionated argument..

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Dig the removable storage. One of the things failing some touch phones *cough* iPhone. Looks spectacular, but I'm guessing no OLED screen?

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]iPhone 4 is such a nicer phone than this plastic crap Motorola keeps hashing together.[/citation]
Uhh...are you positive this doesn't have metal construction? I am pretty sure the Droid was Metal...In more than one way

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I spend tonight checking the 4 major carriers' family data plan price and Verizon is simply too expensive. T-mobile matched AT&T in price while Sprint is the cheapest by about $30/month.

My AT&T contract is up so it is either iPhone 4 or EVO 4G

BTW, can anyone confirm that Sprint is the best carrier in NYC?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Dig the removable storage. One of the things failing some touch phones *cough* iPhone. Looks spectacular, but I'm guessing no OLED screen?[/citation]

No OLED screen AND THANK GOD. The current OLED implementations have inaccurate, blown out colors and poor color depth overall. Give me an LCD any day. I would probably be using a Droid Incredible right now, if it had an LCD instead of that hideous OLED. Honest to god, compare any LCD touch phone (even older ones) against the "next generation" incredible screen right next to each other, and the incredible will look like a piece of s^&#.

PreciousL

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Do people really want to watch feature length film on their phone with any kind of regularity? I mean sure it would be great for the occasions where you are on a road trip or stuck in an elevator.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Dang, you have to subscribe to get the wireless hotspot? I have the original DROID and I got it to be a wireless hotspot just by rooting it and DLing the apk. and I overclock to 1.2 Ghz. So, no, I'm not hating life right about now.

It's funny, all my friends with apple products always ask to use my hot spot connection. I made my SSID "AppleSucks" so they have to click on it! hahahaha

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]preciousl[/nom]Do people really want to watch feature length film on their phone with any kind of regularity? I mean sure it would be great for the occasions where you are on a road trip or stuck in an elevator.[/citation]

For anyone who travels a lot it can be a big deal. It's nice having a phone that will last 6 or 8 hours on a charge playing movies/tv shows the whole time, and still be able to go back to the laptop and do work if it runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.