Motorola Takes Another Swipe at Apple in New Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
First off, DIE SPAMMER.

Secondly, it's nice to see somebody confident enough to talk smack to "The almighty Apple Corporation" after they've been doing so for so long. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine :D

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
nice.

short and sweat.

and all the text on it just seems to make sense. for all the reams of text and talk Steve has done to try and convince us otherwise, it only takes one paragraph of comon sense to show how wrong he is.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]don't use Safari, then...I could have sworn you could use Firefox or Opera and have flash...[/citation]
Do you even know what you are talking about? ALL Apps, I said all, that come from the Apple App store (like Opera) must be approved by Apple. That means they do not allow any form of flash support in the build. If you try to add it the app will not be approved. Now you can hack that phone and get it I believe, but that is a different story.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
Flash was the most requested feature on the iPhone, but instead of listening to their customers, Steve Jobs decided to talk trash about the most used, and best rich media system on the internet. He then went on to ban the compiler Adobe spent years developing three days before they launched it.

Bearing in mind there are about 3 million developers using Flash, and hundreds of millions of websites I don't think this was a smart move!

This move was the final nail in the coffin for Apple products and me, I will NEVER buy their stuff now, and I actively discourage everyone I know to do the same (not helped by the Apple fan boys screaming Flash must die everywhere, before a useable alternative even exists).

With html5 now providing persistent bookmarks that cannot be deleted, and nowhere near the same quality of immersive content (if you can actually view it).

Over 60% of internet users are unable to access ANY html5 content (compared to 98% who can view Flash).

Meanwhile Apple are ripping off consumers and content providers alike to boast record profits, while leaving internet developers without work, and the rich internet landscape in complete disarray.

Not to mention the huge number of people (slave labour) who produce their products are jumping off buildings...

Anyone who supports Apple is basically supporting a school yard bully, it was somewhat forgiveable when they went after Microsoft because they were in direct competition, and were/are the underdog.

Seeing the way they behave when they have a competitive lead and how they start to attack other parts of the industry (which offered free, device agnostic, universal alternatives to their 30% cut app ecosystem), disgusts me....

NEVER BUY APPLE PRODUCTS

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
longerlife: You are a fool and a hypocrite. I bet most of the electronics in your homs are made by "slave labour".

BTW, just got my 2 iPhone 4's in the mail and I'm loving them.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
@ericburnby - When I hear of multiple suicides from the factories of a specific manufacturer, you can rest assured I won't go out and buy even one of their products (let alone two)...

I also won't buy a product whose only source of software/games (and generally speaking music, books, magazines, TV and films) grants a 30% kickback to that same manufacturer (who also censors what I can buy).

Do you think if Microsoft took a cut of every single software sale their operating system would be used on over 90% of the world's computers??

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Nicely done Motorola, at least the kept it dignified and wernt just blatant jerks about it.

Ball is in your Apple, whats your next move?

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
longerlife: I say it again, you are a hypocrite and a fool if you believe you own nothing made by Foxconn. Here's a list for you so you can run through your house and throw out all those evil "slave labour produced products".

Apple
Sony
HP
Dell
Cisco (Linksys)
Amazon
Nokia
Nintendo
Microsoft

Shall I go on?

BTW, the suicide rate per 100,000 people is actually HIGHER in the surounding neighborhoods near Foxconn than at Foxconn itself. The rest of those people who kill themselves just don't seem to make the news, and why should they?

Kickbacks? You clearly don't know much about the history of companies like Microsoft.

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]longerlife: I say it again, you are a hypocrite and a fool if you believe you own nothing made by Foxconn. Here's a list for you so you can run through your house and throw out all those evil "slave labour produced products".AppleSonyHPDellCisco (Linksys)AmazonNokiaNintendoMicrosoftShall I go on?BTW, the suicide rate per 100,000 people is actually HIGHER in the surounding neighborhoods near Foxconn than at Foxconn itself. The rest of those people who kill themselves just don't seem to make the news, and why should they?Kickbacks? You clearly don't know much about the history of companies like Microsoft.[/citation]

Hold up so you're saying because other companies do it - it's ok?

That sounds a bit like Job's ideology when it comes to dealing with the iPhone 4's signal loss issues.

Personally I don't think simply proving that other's do it, makes something less disgusting/despicable

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
@ericburnby there were AT LEAST twelve suicides in one month, there were also reports of slave labour conditions BEFORE the suicides in the factory that is known as "iPod city" and the vast majority of the products they produced were for Apple, as well as HP and Dell.

Apple's own investigation into working conditions (of THEIR products) found them to be unsatisfactory.

Owning something made by Foxconn is VERY different to going out and purchasing something made by them AFTER knowing about the horrific conditions.

------------------------------

No other smartphone/tablet device in the world operates a system where you HAVE to buy software through the manufacturer, (and where they get to censor the content). The only comparable system is the games console market, but quite apart from them not being general computing devices, they also sell the hardware at a loss, (with later software sales subsidising the cost).

Kickback I guess was the wrong term, if you want to sell some software (etc.) for iOS devices you HAVE to give Apple 30% of the sale price, (if they let you sell it of course). I think gouging or extortion might have been better terms...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]longerlife[/nom]@ericburnby - When I hear of multiple suicides from the factories of a specific manufacturer, you can rest assured I won't go out and buy even one of their products (let alone two)...I also won't buy a product whose only source of software/games (and generally speaking music, books, magazines, TV and films) grants a 30% kickback to that same manufacturer (who also censors what I can buy).Do you think if Microsoft took a cut of every single software sale their operating system would be used on over 90% of the world's computers??[/citation]

well thats what they are doing with windows phone 7, so I guess we'll see! YES I HATE IT! but lets not try and pretend MS are being any better here. atleast you have a choice of hardware

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Adobe Flash is the most advanced software of its kind. Anyone who doesn't want Adobe Flash on their smartphone is out of their mind. It doesn't reduce battery life any more than HTML 5 does. Hardware companies don't have the right to tell you what software you can and can't run on your computer (yes, all of the iPhone's are small PC's, not appliances). Imagine what would happen if Microsoft said you can only run Windows applications on your desktop with the "Designed for Windows (insert version here)" logo and blocked all other apps from being installed. Apple is doing this very same thing on their handheld PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.