Motorolla Driod

Solution

As far as I know, all Android phones have a GPS currently except the G1 from Tmobile (I think). But what I think you mean is the navigation app with turn by turn voice guided directions? If so, any Android phone running version 2.0 or higher will do that. It is a function of the Maps application and version of operating system, not the phone.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009

As far as I know, all Android phones have a GPS currently except the G1 from Tmobile (I think). But what I think you mean is the navigation app with turn by turn voice guided directions? If so, any Android phone running version 2.0 or higher will do that. It is a function of the Maps application and version of operating system, not the phone.

Solution

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
You could also root a phone running OS 1.5 or 1.6 and install a new rom with 2.1 or so. I believe that would give you the same features but that option is not for the average user. The other concern I'd have is whether or not the hardware of older phones with 1.5/1.6 would run 2.1 ok. It would depend on the phone in question.