Solved! Mount speakers to side of monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018
So guys, I have just received my 2.1 speaker channel setup for better sound quality and bass https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IDQEBFW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but unfortunately, I don't have enough space for my height adjustable desk https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BBX5FMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to create room for both my monitor and speakers. Here is what my current setup looks like.

73fhgo.jpg

Does anybody have an idea how and what can I do to create some space for my adjustable height desk? I am thinking of a solution similar to this forum here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3120838/mount-logitech-z333-speakers-side-monitor.html or a cheap solution for a strong gorilla double-sided tape on the side of the monitor and duct tape along the back of the monitor to create support for the speakers. I gave it a shot with a duct tape and it seems to be probably the cheapest way to do it and hopefully it doesn't weaken over time.

I don't know, what are your guy's thoughts on this? I really want to create a levitating illusion for the speakers to clear some space. Otherwise I think another solution to create space for the speakers is to have a speaker mount like this guy here that I circle in the image below.

243i9mr.jpg

This one could be a good idea that way I could just screw in the speaker mount to the adjustable desk, but I would like a long one so that I can have some clearance and visibility between me and the monitor. I want a full view of the screen.

Do you know where can I buy this? I have not a clue as to where to find these guys. If you link me to a store like walmart or target or something like that would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
You'll likely need to be a bit creative when it comes to limited space, industrial velcro would be ideal IMO with the one side behind adhesive and the other velcro. Should be relatively easy to clean if you ever need to remove it.

Tumeden

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
My father used to use velcro that one side was adhesive to hold a microwave in place in his 18 wheeler truck. I'm sure it could hold a pair of speakers.

It's simply a suggestion - i'm sure there are other alternatives.

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

The speakers barely weighs almost nothing even a toddler could lift it up like its a toy. High Quality speakers in a light weight built box.

Tumeden

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
You'll likely need to be a bit creative when it comes to limited space, industrial velcro would be ideal IMO with the one side behind adhesive and the other velcro. Should be relatively easy to clean if you ever need to remove it.

Solution

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

Tumeden, I think I'll use a velcro. Seems like the way to go. My idea is to attach it along from the speakers across the monitor to create support. I then can use use an RCA extension cable when I raise my height adjustable desk to create some slack.

Tumeden

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Sounds good, best of luck!

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes! Keep your notification up! Once I get it up, I'll be sure to post a picture of the final result when I get my chance!

Tumeden

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Awesome, can't wait to see the result :D

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

@Tumeden, Hey man, sorry for the wait, here are the results! It is working as suggested! I used a double sided mounted tape along with some gorilla tape and the gorilla tape is so much stronger than I expected. Had to do a bit of shopping for those tools at a hardware store nearby and buy an RCA extension cable which I ordered on amazon after our last discussion. I've just been buying almost anything tech related from amazon because walmart doesn't even have shit and most items that I want is only available on walmart's website which is B.S! At Best Buy is like for one RCA cable which can go about $20 - $30 buck when I could get two RCA extension on amazon for $18 frickin buck! The shipping and handling for the 2 RCA extension on amazon took only 2 days! That's damn fast!

xgfwjn.jpg

[Behind the speakers]

5uij4h.jpg

I've been doing some room cleaning and I'm going to do cable management next and have everything cleaned up before my next semester for Spring starts at college!

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

Hey man, so I hope you got a chance to see my updated post recently. So it seems like after a day, I don't think the gorilla tape and a double sided mounted tape is going to cut it because it keeps getting loose and the speakers looks like they are about to come apart. Is this the velcro brand that you are suggesting? https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Sticky-Fasteners-Perfect/dp/B00006RSWT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546801991&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=velcro+brand&psc=1 I'm thinking I might give this one a second try.
fuq2hj.jpg

Looks like you can just lay the speakers down on the side in front of the monitors. Or get some clamps and brackets to fit to the side/back of the desk similar to what was done here https://www.instructables.com/id/Space-saving-Studio-MonitorsSpeakers-Stand/

A bit uglier option, stick one speaker on the book shelf, other on the glass table to right of the stand up desk. A third option is to replace the setup with a better speaker. If those things are that light, there is no way they will sound good. A system designed to have lights/fancy colors is pretty much guaranteed to not sound good. Something like this would sound better and with smaller satellite speakers https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speaker-System-Z523-Subwoofer/dp/B002FU5QMK?tag=techsounded-20

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

So I think I'm going to have to stick with the option of putting my left speaker on my bookshelf and the right speaker on my glass desk.

[My Current Desk Setup]
idb2vt.jpg

I'm not super picky about its current placement and sound quality placement sounds just normal and find to me. Until then I will someday pick up a better and wider desk in the near future for make a badass desk setup like this one here from randomfrankp. I like that style of speaker placement.

[YouTube: randomfrankp]
etibrt.jpg

I don't plan to make a badass desk setup now, but soon when I move out of my parent's house and on my own in an apartment with my friend, I will be sure to purchase a wider desk and not a glass desk, one of my newbie mistakes when choosing. After that, I will make sure I have the desk place against the wall so that I can place my speakers on a wall mount to give it a cleaner look. I've been watching a lot of TechSource's desk setup videos. So now I have a better idea to create a clean setup.

Thanks, for the suggestion though.

cannond1396

Commendable
Aug 15, 2018

The problem is though, I have a small glass L-shape desk and on my left side of the desk is my height adjustable desk, so that kills the space for my speaker placement. I still want to continue using my height adjustable desk because it helps me fights my fatigue after sitting for too long since I tend to be on the computer 8+ hours a day. I think my next purchase will definitely be either a long straight desk or stick with an L-shape desk but have one side of the L be much longer so that I can have the height adjustable desk in the middle and my speakers on like a mini-bookstand to give my speakers some height for a good sound placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.