Mozilla Kills Password-stealing Firefox Add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]iolas[/nom]People that make this crap need to be found a put in prison.[/citation]
So we can pay for their luxury stay with our taxes? No, we just need to Alt+F4 them.

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
@killerclick: if you want to keep running faulty add-ons, you can - they just ensure that you KNOW it's buggy/unsafe, when they turn it off through blacklists.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]So we can pay for their luxury stay with our taxes? No, we just need to Alt+F4 them.[/citation]
Maybe he meant a third world prison...now thats an idea.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Why would people download this add-on in the first place? Well, I think if people can be content with their iphone 4, they could download such crap as well.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]the_punkinator[/nom]Maybe he meant a third world prison...now thats an idea.[/citation]

Outsource prison... I like this idea, a lot of them would probably do it for like 1/10th the cost we pay here now.

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]Outsource prison... I like this idea, a lot of them would probably do it for like 1/10th the cost we pay here now.[/citation]
Maybe it could be called Bantanemo Guay or something like that, I can't see any problem at all.

It'd have been interesting to see what the add-on claimed to do since as someone mentioned earlier, it doesn't sound like something anyone would want. Unless there's another exploit that installs add-ons remotely or maybe someone wrote it to install on someoneelse's computer that they had physical access to.
Interesting, but not interesting enough for me to use the interweb to find the answer.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ksampanna[/nom]That's the problem with Open Source[/citation]

Yeah, it's always scary to see a company fix a problem instead of putting it off until the next big security patch.... Oh, wait

Status
Not open for further replies.