Mp3 folder organiser

DStruct

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Windows Media Player ruined all my Mp3 folders by splitting any type of mixed album that features any various artists and put single songs into folders by the one artists, so now I have thousands of folders of artists names with only one song in there in some cases.
I just used MusicBrainz Picard to try and fix this and now all its done is put folder into folder....

I need some miracle tool that will basically wipe all my folders and sub folders, handle thousands of mp3s and then reorganise them all into the proper folders.

Does anyone know of anything that exists to do this or am I being daft expecting this kind of tool to exist?

Thanks

Solution
You are more hopeful than daft but I don't think there is a program that can reorganize them for you.
The album name would not have been changed in the tag so at least you have a way of knowing which files belong to each compilation album.
You might try using Mediamonkey instead of WMP. It may be easier to reorganize. It would let you select an album name and see all the files in the library regardless of where they are. You can play them this way too.

DStruct

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DStruct : "Mp3 folder organiser"

Windows Media Player ruined all my Mp3 folders by splitting any type of mixed album that features any various artists and put single songs into folders by the one artists, so now I have thousands of folders of artists names with only one song in there in some cases.
I just used MusicBrainz Picard to try and fix this and now all its done is put folder into folder....

I need some miracle tool that will basically wipe all my folders and sub folders, handle thousands of mp3s and then reorganise them all into the proper folders.

Does anyone know of anything that exists to do this or am I being daft expecting this kind of tool to exist?

Thanks

You are more hopeful than daft but I don't think there is a program that can reorganize them for you.
The album name would not have been changed in the tag so at least you have a way of knowing which files belong to each compilation album.
You might try using Mediamonkey instead of WMP. It may be easier to reorganize. It would let you select an album name and see all the files in the library regardless of where they are. You can play them this way too.

Solution