MP3 player where you can select track number easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonoitall

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
I'm looking for an MP3 player (either CD-based, or flash if its capacity is 1GB or higher). For our purposes it will have 225 songs in it, but their names are simply the numbers 001 through 225. Lots of people with very little technological mojo are going to be using it, so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for them by just letting them enter the song number they want and then hit 'play'. (Like with a number pad or something. It would also be an added bonus if it could optionally be set up to stop after playing one song, rather than continue on to the next, but that's not absolutely necessary.) Portability is not an issue, as it will be staying in one place. I'd appreciate any suggestions and thanks in advance!

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
a pocket pc will be perfect for this, I have a hp rx3115 and it works great, much better than my ipod nano

got a 2gb sd card for $5 and (will be getting a $12 4gb sd soon)

it is well organized, has bluetooth and wifi

supports almost every single video and audio format so you don't need to worry about converting

has a search similar to the windows search, if the songs are numbered, they can just type in the name.

and you can also surf the web with it, much better than many other mp3 players

danmarhk

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Samsung Yeep YP-U2!!
I have used MP3 players for years.
Now I am using Samsung Yeep YP-U2.
The files are arranged in folders and in the alphabetical order.
If you organize the files well, you can definitely find the files easily.

usktech

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
number pads dont exist for mp3s, so the closest is a miniPC as said above

but just any mp3 player will do the job as long as the names are in the right order. just scrol down or up and you have your hit.

for example with the ipod (mainstream cheap things, just an example) you should write not 1-2-3-4 but 001-002-003-004 because otherwise it goes from 100 on, then 10-99, then 1-9 which really sux

Electrical-nhrbc

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
in fact number pads DO exist for mp3's about once amonth we install one into the sound booth of the new buildings we do in NH and VT. its an incredibly simple device that just has a number pad a green go button and a red stop button. it has an LCD and programing for only three songs. with a 2 gig card it holds all the k songs and the melidoys too. very nice device... but impossible to find. but they are out there. i will give you more info if you want.

lime32952

Distinguished
May 10, 2009

My son is looking at an eagle scout project for a local nature center, he would like people to be able to select animal sounds from a kiosk where they could enter the animal number on a key pad and it would play the animal sound and an interesting aspect. How could he set that up? What would it cost? Where would he get the materials.
lime32952@gmail.com

ideaztech

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I am also looking for this device. I have seen it before, and I was on there website once, but I lost the URL and password. I need it for playing K Songs in a number of halls. Please contact me directly at kevinrholland@hotmail.com.

dancab

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2010
We have the device your looking for. We got it last year for our KH. It has a number key pad like an old touch tone phone, a green play button and a red stop button with l.e.d. digital numbers to confirm number selected. All files are stored on a sd card. Will even play random songs if you choose song #999. It's perfect and easy for anyone to use. I will look on it and find and post the website where you can purchase it. I believe we got it at audio accoustics. You will need to call them and tell them it is for a KH. They will transfer you to the KH department.
Audio Acoustics: http://www.aaius.com/
- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.