MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro, Win 10 DVD drive not recognizing

whywhy1

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Hi,

I bought this laptop an year back and was very happy, even my day to day tasks battery gaming all good. Last month i found out that the windows is not recognizing my DVD drive, i have searched everywhere and tried all the options shown , i even saw some threads posted by the owners of same machine and not able to figure it out. Nothing is shown in Device manager under hardware, and also one only SATA device shown and nothing pertaining to DVD Drive. I tried to do reg edit to add the drive property and also tried to install latest firm ware from MSI.. did a safeboot, and also checked the options in BIOS.. nothing was of help.

when i keep a disk inside..i do see the sound of the drive being tried to read, but nothing showing up. Kindly please help me.

Its

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ
Ram: 16gb

Windows update is set to update automatically, and its shows last checked today .

Thanks..

Mar 17, 2018
Hi mate, ever get this sorted? I've got the same problem and nothing seems to work. Not getting any help on my threads either! Not to expensive to buy a replacement drive though I feel that it wont help... Many thanks