Ok so for the last few days my laptop has been lagging really bad. Folders take their sweet time to open. Chrome and other sites takes minutes to open and basically everything is slow. I don't know if it has anything to do with nvidia? The ge force experience won't even show up anywhere for me. Nvidia control panel crashes after few seconds of opening it. I'm going crazy, please help.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do observe your laptop in Safe mode and see if it will still lag or be slow.
- If it's still lagging or freezing in Safe Mode that can be an indication that the HDD is going back.
- Do a virus/malware scan first just to be sure it's not an infection which causes this problem. Please use the link below.
- If after the virus/malware scan and the same problem will persist, I would suggest reinstalling Windows.
- And if after reinstalling Windows will still not work that means you'll need to replace the HDD.
Do also consider doing a clean install of Nvidia graphics card.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link:nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot make sure to set Nvidia as the default GPU.