MSI GS70 High Pitched Whine

Jakob_Andersson

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hello
I recently bought an MSI GS70 Stealth Pro (Gaming Notebook) from Newegg and its been a super top notch computer for the better part of a year. However, recently a high pitched whine has been making itself very noticeable and highly disruptive over the last few months that I have had no success locating and stopping. The high pitched frequency is being emitted from the fan area right above my F4 key and can be heard whether the computer is plugged in, on battery, during high performance, and when running nothing at all. It is persistent and despite my efforts I cannot find any way to stop it.

I sent my computer in to MSI for repairs twice taking about 2-3 weeks round time each. They replaced both my fans on the first run, and replaced my motherboard as well as the fans yet again on the second run yielding no results. They claimed no one in the factory could hear the high pitched noise and can't do anything for me anymore. They ran every test imaginable yet no positive results came of it.

I cannot do any repairs myself as I void my warranty by even opening the back panel of my laptop to take a look so every attempt at a solution has had to go through them.

Is there anything I can do at this point? It's a super machine, but I cannot use it due to the high pitched noise as it drives me absolutely crazy :/
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks

Solution
Hello Jakob_Andersson,
If you can, take a video or a sound recording of the high pitch whining. An example would be great to help us better assess the situation. While you do that try contacting Newegg for a RMA.

Aragonalt

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
Hello Jakob_Andersson,
If you can, take a video or a sound recording of the high pitch whining. An example would be great to help us better assess the situation. While you do that try contacting Newegg for a RMA.

Solution

Jakob_Andersson

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
Hello and thank you for your answer.
The closest I've been able to replicate the sound that my computer makes is a sound file that I can attach to this answer. I sent this file in to the RMA office last time I had MSI do their RMA and they claimed that they could not hear anything.
I've had it sent in twice for the same problem and nothing is done when I send it in taking roughly 3 weeks of my time.
I tried contacting NewEgg about my problem and they simply said something along the lines of 'Thanks for contacting us, but your tech support is in another castle...' Whenever I try to call or email MSI about my problem, all the emails go unanswered and I'm usually put on hold for the better part of an hour before I get a hold of something (that is if the call doesn't drop first forcing me to re-dial).

Here is my sound file of my laptop's sound:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzynl45cyasojwp/15000%20mHz%20%28closest%20reproduction%20of%20my%20Laptop%27s%20sound%29.wav?dl=0