shingriever

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
Hello

Recently i had problems with bad connection with my power adapter and power jack. untilll recently it didn't charge my laptop anymore (motherboard MS 16F21 ver 1)

Anyone got any suggestions how to repair/fix something like this?

link to pic
edit

Solution
Looks like the majority of the damage was underneath (first pic area) and in readdressing that pic, I'm really thinking that board area is beyond hope. If there is a way to charge the battery externally and the laptop will operate that way, I'll suggest looking into that route. Otherwise, I'd give very low odds for repairability there
You could replace the power jack but judging by the picture, I'd expect to find burnt traces underneath and a few fried components downstream (look for blown capacitors and IC's) - good picture BTW, could you post a pic of the other side of the jack - mostly interested in the back of the jack and components nearby.

Looks like the majority of the damage was underneath (first pic area) and in readdressing that pic, I'm really thinking that board area is beyond hope. If there is a way to charge the battery externally and the laptop will operate that way, I'll suggest looking into that route. Otherwise, I'd give very low odds for repairability there

Solution
I wasn't able to do a full comparison of the boards but the footprint of the two do appear to be identical - if any mix and match were to work, I'd think that would be it. What I did find seemed to imply the GT683DX is simply an updated version of the GT680DX.

Edit - something of note is that the GT683DX has a 180W power brick specified while the GT680DX shows a 150W - may not be able to charge the battery and play games at the same time with the 150W.