msi gx660 keyboard problem.

uzchang91

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Okay so I had this problem where the whole keyboard didn't work so I bought a brand new laptop keyboard and swapped it out. But then the G, H, -, 4(number pad), and the fn key doesn't seem to work. Got any suggestions for this guy?

Things i have tried;
unplugging the keyboard from the MoBo and plugging it back on.
Gone to device manager and deleted and reinstalled the keyboard drive.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.

uzchang91

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I changed the language but that didn't work.
I connected an external keyboard and that works so I don't think its my OS problem.
Thanks for the help though.

ffg7

Splendid
try reseating the keyboard's ribbon cable into the motherboard connector as ran into that problem with a customer's laptop. laptop does not have to be fully assembled to test the keyboard as done that a few times to make certain keyboard worked okay before snapping all the parts back together & putting the screws in.

uzchang91

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Well it sitll won't work. i do not know the reason why..