Music audio system for electronic media, CDs, LPs, TV, etc?

music man dan

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Looking to set up a stereo system to provide quality music for 3 areas of my home. I'd also like to connect my tv but only for amplification, I am not concerned at all with surround sound, etc. for games or movies. The "Key" is that I want to be able to source music from vinyl, CDs, internet radio, online music services, portable devices, ITunes, TV, etc,. The ultimate would be if I could select the sound source for each of the 3 spaces independently. Budget is a factor. Is anything like this available? I've maintained my lps for years and am dying to hear them again, and if I am investing in a home sound system it makes sense that I pull the tv into that system.

Solution
There are a number of ways you can do this and your actual budget is a big factor on how and at what level of quality.
If I were doing this for myself I would want one of the areas to be the best sounding so I would need a pair of quality speakers, an integrated amp (or separate preamp-amp), a turntable, and a Sonos Connect.
If the TV is in that space then you would connect it to the intergrated. If the TV were in another space I would put a Sonos Playbar on the TV and maybe a Sonos Sub.
In other areas you could use one or two Sonos Play speakers. You could also use in wall or in ceiling speakers with a Sonos ConnectAmp. Each Sonos device is its own zone and you can send sound from one zone to the other. Controlled by free app...
There are a number of ways you can do this and your actual budget is a big factor on how and at what level of quality.
If I were doing this for myself I would want one of the areas to be the best sounding so I would need a pair of quality speakers, an integrated amp (or separate preamp-amp), a turntable, and a Sonos Connect.
If the TV is in that space then you would connect it to the intergrated. If the TV were in another space I would put a Sonos Playbar on the TV and maybe a Sonos Sub.
In other areas you could use one or two Sonos Play speakers. You could also use in wall or in ceiling speakers with a Sonos ConnectAmp. Each Sonos device is its own zone and you can send sound from one zone to the other. Controlled by free app for most phones and tablets. Rip all you CDs as FLAC and you can listen to them in any room in full quality. Sonos accesses all internet radio stations and streaming services and you can send audio from your phone or tablets memory as well.
Start with your main listening room and do that as well as you can. Add the other rooms later if needed.

Solution