Muting Left/right sound channel in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari_0801

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Hi,

I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops,

- Adjusting the balance levels in playback device settings - My playback device is speaker, i tried adjusting the levels by keeping Left channel to zero and listening to right, i can still hear some sound in my left earphone. (try this with some continuous music)

- Disabling all enhancements, updating audio driver, used a TRS earphone instead of TRRS - Still hearing some sound.

- Tried with apps like VLC Player, Volumouse (Nirsoft), Volume2 etc. - None of them work.

-Downgraded my audio driver to older vista version - Reverts back to new one

Is there any means to actually do this or is it a windows restriction which does not allow you to do this.

Any help guys.!

iXeon

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
install Pot Player:
https://potplayer.daum.net/

then in the sound settings set the output to "Same as input" and then mute the right/left channels in the windows . if the file has other channels you will just hear the sound from which ever channel you set for the headphone.
and if you want that for any application in windows you can do it in realtek audio chipsets like this:
1-open HD audio manager
2-double click on the jack port you putted the headphone on
3-and set it on Center/sub or Sides or rears
4-click ok

Hari_0801

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Hi iXeon,

I tried this method, still I am able to hear sound in my right when muting left. in hd audio manager itself.

iXeon

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
hey there!
try to change the speaker configuration and test again , for example set the configuration to 7.1 and set the headphone on rear. try it on rear jack ports instead of front ones.
or go to "Device advanced settings" in the right up corner of the HD audio manager window and set the playback devices on "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" if you have multiple device connected.

Hari_0801

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Thanks for the reply

My speaker configuration does not have a configuration for 7.1. My laptop does not have rear jack port.

In device advanced settngs, i do not have such options.

I have recording device options, i tried both of its options (Tie up same type of input jacks and seperate all input jacks as independent jacks, it is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.