MXQ 4K Android Smart TV Box connected to Sony HT-DDWG800 Amplifier

Colonial

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Sirs or Madams,
I understand there is only one single connection to either TV or Amplifier. I wish to connect from MXQ box to Amplifier via a coax cable from the box Sp dif outlet. The question:-- Which port on the amp will I connect the coax.

Thanking you in Anticipation,
Colonial

Solution
Sorry for the wait.

The answer is yes, you still connect the HDMI cable from the MXQ to the TV. The HDMI cable will bring the picture, and sound, to the TV. And the (SPDIF to RCA) wire that connects on the orange plug of the Sony brings sound to your amplifier.

Without that HDMI cable, you don't have a picture. ^^

Select the correct HDMI input on the TV for the picture. And select the correct input on the Sony receiver for the sound. (usually DVD)

You might want to disable the sound of the TV (mute) when using the amplifier, as the sound may be slightly delayed between the two.
Hello there.

I assume you have a 3.5mm to RCA adapter, either with the box or one you bought? If not, you will need something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/L21-Digital-Coaxial-Connector-Players/dp/B019OWCID6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

You connect that the small 3.5mm end of that wire into MXQ 4K where it is written "SPDIF". You then connect the RCA side of the wire into the ORANGE RCA jack, at the rear-left of the Sony, where it is written "Digital In Coxial".

You will then have digital audio from the MXQ on your Sony. ^^

Colonial

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Colonial

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Dear Natsukage,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just one more question please, would I still have to connect the HDMI cable to the TV set off the MXQ 4K?. Thanking you in anticipation
Colonial

Sorry for the wait.

The answer is yes, you still connect the HDMI cable from the MXQ to the TV. The HDMI cable will bring the picture, and sound, to the TV. And the (SPDIF to RCA) wire that connects on the orange plug of the Sony brings sound to your amplifier.

Without that HDMI cable, you don't have a picture. ^^

Select the correct HDMI input on the TV for the picture. And select the correct input on the Sony receiver for the sound. (usually DVD)

You might want to disable the sound of the TV (mute) when using the amplifier, as the sound may be slightly delayed between the two.

Solution