My ASUS notebook will not charge or turn on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech-666

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I have looked for a reason why but have come across the same answer, to take the battery out and go from there how ever I don't wont to, only because it will void the warranty. Is there no other way to reboot it?

Bohlokoa

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016

Bhuvan Gabbita

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015
Hmmm....guys mine is Asus x200ma...When I try to turn it on, led lights will glow,indicating that its charging,but nothing is shown on the screen...It has a non removable battery,any answers,Thanks in advance

Linda_82

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

Trevor98

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
An update to my June 2015 post:

My Asus X750JN is having the same problems that everyone else here is having with theirs: laptop won't power back on, after it's been turned off. It's been doing this from day one, since I bought it new back in 2014. I decided against RMA's it to Asus (heard so many horror stories since). I now run it without the battery (it runs 24/7/365 on an APC UPS battery backup). Battery is internal, and it's a real pain opening this damn thing up every time it craps out, and removing it. Flaky, bad power circuit design.

If I ever have to power it down and unplug it to clean it, blow out dust, etc. I know that it will not power back on again.

The only thing that shows that this POS is still alive - barely - is this one orange LED that lights up on the front edge under the keyboard.

No hard drive or fan sounds. Power button does not light up.

So, whenever it does this, I have to take the damn thing completely apart, right down to the motherboard, remove the motherboard, pop the CMOS battery out of the socket (which is also broken, by the way...i had to cut a length of rubber band and wedge it part way around inside the socket, then wedge the battery in tight against it so it will stay in). Then I swap the memory sticks, from socket 1 to socket 2, and 2 into 1 (and I'll swap them again, next time this happens). Then it powers right up.

It has gotten to the point where the only way I can be sure that I can use this POS laptop is to have it always on, 24/7/365, with the battery always removed (and to always keep it plugged into AC/mains). Which is fine...I'm getting at least SOME use out of it, by having it run the World Community Grid client, 24/7/365, doing computational cancer/genome research, as well as computational research for ebola, HIV and Zika vaccines. I'll just never shut it down or unplug it, ever again.

Asus "service" and "support" is a running bad joke.

jeffmurray836431

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

jeffmurray836431

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
You can discharge the static electricity without removing the battery same procedure power off with power button holding for 30 sec remove transformer wait a minute plug transformer back in this is a motherboard reset which probably discharges the static electric as well this is a temporary fix I have worked with asus on this and from what I can see there is no fix for this issue if someone has a better answer please let me know thanks

Kibawolf3

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
Trevor.
A long time ago you posted an answer regarding a laptop that doesnt turn on, and you advised to take battery out etc To remove residual electricity.
You have helped me massively!
I am so happy
I bought a spares and repairs high end laptop for cheap and was about to spend alot of money to get it repaired, but this solved it. Thank you so so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS