my camera died in the middle of recording a video

xxx0zero

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
I own a xiaomi yi action camera, while I was using it in a pool, I got water leaking inside the case, and it was in the middle of recording a video, the micro sd card is fine, but the last video file is corrupted, is there any way to fix the video file? how do I fix my camera?

Cheap chinese camera? That thing is better off being replaced with a real camera that doesn't break in just a pool.

As for the corrupted video, it all depends on how the video was recorded and how far into it you could get. If you're lucky, you might be able to extract some of the video using handbreak, and if that doesn't work you can try unpackaging it with mp4box and then running it through avisynth

xxx0zero

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

yeah I was on a budget, can't exactly buy a gopro or such, handbrake is a video converter right? so ho do I do it exactly? just convert the video and let it make a video file which can be played later thought it's not complete? I don't really know what mp4box does though

Now you know why buying "budget" is actually expensive.

Handbrake is a converter, so basically you'll hope that there's enough data to at least open the file, and then it'll make a new file with any readable data. If that doesn't work though, you'll have to go to a proper forum and learn how to use avisynth to extract viable data and put things together.