Solved! My Canon EOS Rebel T6i keeps disconnecting & re-connecting when I plug it into my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice Rollen

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
I've had this camera for over a year & lately when I use the cable to connect it to the usb port of my computer it'll open the EOS Utility software & a second later it'll close it saying it's either stopped responding or has been disconnected. It just keeps re-connecting & disconnecting.

Solution
To connect the camera into the PC is a very convenient and easier way. If that does not work, using card reader is other way to do.

Dice Rollen

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

I checked the power settings & that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've switched back & forth between usb ports & it still does this. I don't necessarily think it's the cable.
But I'll mention that the flip screen viewfinder also seems to have an issue. I can't flip it completely otherwise the image is upside down. The port to connect the camera to my computer is on the same side as the swivel joint of the viewfinder.

cin19

Distinguished
But I'll mention that the flip screen viewfinder also seems to have an issue. I can't flip it completely otherwise the image is upside down. The port to connect the camera to my computer is on the same side as the swivel joint of the viewfinder.
And you are better to contact the canon repair department.

Status
Not open for further replies.