Solved! My computer power terminal came apart from the motherboard

Solution
Not enough information:
Generally, the problem is with a high-draw notebook that has gotten enough wear to pull the powerplug off the mainboard, or the connections physicaly broke.
I fix both often, but it is not an easy task. you must remove the mainboard completely from the chassis and see what you have:
will require soldering skill, identifying the exact part if the original is broken, and evaluation to see if the part can be soldered back in or if you have to come up with alternate connector / connection / mounting points. not a task for the feint of hart but doable for most units. unless its a sony. ( J/K, but they often self destruct when trying to get the push-to-install ribbons back together. )

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Not enough information:
Generally, the problem is with a high-draw notebook that has gotten enough wear to pull the powerplug off the mainboard, or the connections physicaly broke.
I fix both often, but it is not an easy task. you must remove the mainboard completely from the chassis and see what you have:
will require soldering skill, identifying the exact part if the original is broken, and evaluation to see if the part can be soldered back in or if you have to come up with alternate connector / connection / mounting points. not a task for the feint of hart but doable for most units. unless its a sony. ( J/K, but they often self destruct when trying to get the push-to-install ribbons back together. )

Solution