Solved! My computer screen turned white completely and the back of its monitor is hot

Nov 22, 2018
When i switch on my computer the screen turns white. The back of the monitor is heating. What could be the problem?

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1