2Dads

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015
My computer starts typing 1 and 0 everywhere I go. (any Internet page, or in-game chat). It keeps
opening Windows Media Player and Windows Explorer. This happened only once, 5-6 days ago and I thought it's gone but it isn't.

Anyone can give me some tips?

Solution
Only on the internet - correct?

Use Task Manager to observe what apps, processes, and services are running both online and offline.

Look for some difference and google accordingly.

Could be some keyboard customization (from game, add-in, or app) that managed to get installed.

Be patient and watch everything very carefully. Try to narrow down the sequence of events and any patterns to it all.
Only on the internet - correct?

Use Task Manager to observe what apps, processes, and services are running both online and offline.

Look for some difference and google accordingly.

Could be some keyboard customization (from game, add-in, or app) that managed to get installed.

Be patient and watch everything very carefully. Try to narrow down the sequence of events and any patterns to it all.

Solution

CaptainCretin

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
The most common cause is a stuck key, either from whacking it too hard, or something sticky getting underneath it.

Run one finger across each row to see if a key is lower than the rest. Push any such key gently and move slightly side to side to see if it will unstick.

If it has just wedged from being used too roughly, it will often pop back up quickly, if it is sticky underneath, it will probably stick down again as soon as you push it again.

For this issue, assuming you have a spare keyboard you can use for a few days, stick the dirty keyboard in the dishwasher on a cool cycle, then give it a good shake to get the excess water out, and leave to dry thoroughly for a few days, somewhere warm.