Solved! My headset mic suddenly stopped working on my laptop

skyman9271

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
So today i was using skype testing service to check my mic but it sounded like i was using my internal mic instead of my sony headset
I went to check my recording devices on my sounds menu but all I saw was my internal mic and not my sony headset, I tried to check device manager but my input headset was no where to be found just my laptop's internal mic
I bought my headset about 4 months ago and it worked fine on my laptop mic and everything but recently it stopped working please help

skyman9271

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from skyman9271 : "My headset mic suddenly stopped working on my laptop"

so today i was using skype testing service to check my mic but it sounded like i was using my internal mic instead of my sony headset
I went to check my recording devices on my sounds menu but all I saw was my internal mic and not my sony headset, I tried to check device manager but my input headset was no where to be found just my laptop's internal mic
I bought my headset about 4 months ago and it worked fine on my laptop mic and everything but recently it stopped working please help