My laptop, Acer One 14 Z140, Windows 10 is stuck in Aptio Setup Utility version 2.17.1249

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAgLi

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
My laptop is Acer One 14 Z1402 running on windows 10 with BIOS v1.06 and have been stuck in aptio setup utility version 2.17.1249 since the morning...

Many techniques and fixes that I've seen are for Asus and which included csm laun or something which my boot doesn't have..

Here is a youtube video of it as i cant access my laptop to send the pictures as it is too tedious to do so, sorryy
https://youtu.be/TKtHBFJoRRA

This is what i can selet in the menu : 1. Main - System Time, System Date

2. Advanced - OS Selection[UEFI OS], Wake on LAN[disabled], Cold Boot Keep Devices Status[enabled], SMART Self Test[enabled], Intel Virtualization Technology[enabled], Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology[enabled]

3. Security - Secure Boot[enabled], Secure Boot Mode[standard]

4. Boot - LAN Remote Boot[disabled], Boot Option #1[UEFI Hard Disk], Boot Option #2[UEFI CD/DVD], Boot Option #3[UEFI Network], Boot Option #4[UEFI USB Hard Disk], Boot Option #5[UEFI USB CD/DVD], Boot Option #6[UEFI Key], Boot Option #7[UEFI USB Floppy], Boot Option #8[UEFI USB Lan]

5. Exit - Save Changes and Reset, Discard Changes and Exit, Restore Defaults

Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

MrAgLi

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

I take that you don't actually read the description or just a bot...

Actually read it, and not a bot. I think you may have made an assumption because step 1 is not listed on your device (and part of step 2). However, you do have the rest needed. You should be able to do as suggested by just skipping step 1 and the first part of step 2.

Start with "Secure Boot", which is in your listed options and you say it shows as "Enabled". As stated in step 2, you should "Disable" it. You should then be able to proceed through the rest of the steps.

MrAgLi

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

I've done that, bit anywho, I just went to a computer expert, and he just changed "UEFI OS" to "Legacy OS" in advanced menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.