My laptop beeps (motherboard) randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
Hi, I have an old Acer laptop. I lost the original charger, and I bought a generic one. The original charger was 19V and 3.42A, and the new one is 19V and 3.0A.

The laptop works great, except a USB port is not working, and also sometimes it beeps. It happens, I think, when it is under "load".

Could it be that the MoBo beeps when the power supply is not providing enough power?

I can use Chrome, Word, etc, and it won't beep, but last night I watched a film and in some scenes it beeped.

I'm about buying a new charger that provides 19V and 3.43A, but I wanna make sure that's may be the cause.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps first before you buy a new one, saves time and money. :)
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if you'll still get the beeping sound.
- Next is to try reseating the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slots.
- If all these will not work do change the AC adapter then.

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
The temperature of the processor maxs 70ºC under long, extreme conditions, normally it's 60ºC. So, temperatures are not at all the problem.

Where can I find what beeping means for my Acer Aspire 5735Z?

Also, I got to say the the beeping happens like 1 or 2 times per day, and I believe it only happens when the computer is "under load". I mean, if I'm using it to create Word files or reading forums, it won't beep never.

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
I'm quite savvy about PC's, and I'm telling you, the temperatures are alright, 60ºC maximum when surfing and stuff are just fine, it can't get better, the laptop is what it is, it is not an Alienware that in idle is at 45ºC or less.

I just wanna know what that beep means. It's not in the manuals.

ffg7

Splendid
the asus laptop I'm presently working on for a customer is not near those temperatures & won't be able to check in the bios til I finish downloading the current batch of files off her old dying hd onto the new drive. as the beeps only happen when cpu is underload when the temps go up then it is temperature related. I just finished replacing a customer's cpu heatsink fan assembly in her tower last week because the fan was spinning at 38rpm. might have a couple of minutes before the computer would start beeping which told me there was a heat problem caused by a dying fan. replaced the cpu heatsink fan assembly & no more beeps.

rambomhtri

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014

Listen, I know, as a fact, that it's not the temperatures, this processor can go up to 100ºC, and it's hitting 70ºC maximum after 20 minutes of continuous workload. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, 70ºC for a processor is pure sh*t. I think it is power supply related, but I'm not sure, and I'm here waiting for someone to tell me what that beep means.

This is a laptop, not a PC, by the way. Don't mix them. If you think 70ºC can make a MoBo beep in a laptop, man, I don't know what are you doing here giving advice, sorry. Oh, and by the way, when it's hitting the 70's, it does not beep. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.