My Laptop Beeps When I Press 3 Keys at Once?...

alannm37

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I bought this laptop: http://www.dabs.com/products/lenovo-b5400-intel-core-i5...

It came with installation disks for Windows 8.1 Pro, so I have that installed. All the drivers are perfect, all updates perfect. Just need to be able to press more than 3 keys at once, so how can I remove this beep and not being able to press more than 3 keys?....

G

This is perfectly normal and not anything to worry about it. I believe what you are describing is called 'Keyboard Ghosting' and it often occurs in low-value keyboards. It if bothers you that much, you can buy an 'Anti-Ghosting' Keyboard.

alannm37

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

I can't get a new keyboard, it's a laptop... Didn't you look at the link? And the laptop is not "low-value". There has to be a way to turn off the beeping on laptops.

G

You can get a new keyboard. Many people who buy laptops do. Just hook it up through USB.
I didn't mean the laptop was low-value, I was referring to desktop keyboards. Also, the link doesn't work.

alannm37

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Here you go: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G510-15-6-inch-Laptop-Integrated/dp/B00H525N4Y

This keyboard is not replaceable and there is no way I would do it even if it was replaceable. NO way am I using an external keyboard for a laptop.

G

Using an external keyboard is the only solution I am aware of. It will also keep your new laptop in great condition for longer, because you won't be using the integrated keyboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shim24 Laptop Tech Support 0
Shrey30 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Edu2k Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Al01 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4