My laptop hp windows 10 . when i press the power button my screen cannot function , cannot see to type my passwrd can y

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 3
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 18
varun706 Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 4
alannm37 Laptop Tech Support 5
alannm37 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question Windows 10 is not detecting bluetooth in my laptop
Question windows 7 laptop wont connect to a network, all other devices will
I can't sign in on my laptop one of the buttons not pressing
Press at .f10 nothing happens
Laptop won't turn on, Pressing Power For 30sec won't work.
my laptop keyboard keeps trying random letters when I press certain keys window 8
There's no Windows Recovery Menu happening in my laptop. I pressed and tried the steps many times already. Please help me.
my dell laptop shows memory write and only start if we press enter ..can you solve it please..???
my laptop keyboard keeps typing random letters when i press certain keys windows 10
Laptop gets stuck at the Lenovo Logo screen unless I press a button to boot into Windows.
toshiba laptop power and press 0 does not open factory reset.
when i press fn+brightness key in acer laptop it doesnot work with the windows 10. earlier it was working when the laptop was
As soon as I pressed the power button to on my laptop it started showing hibernating what should I do. It is a lenovo windows
num keys 456 and right arrow dont work some time if im press it for a long time they work it is laptop asus k55vd
Laptop shows only black screen after i press power button, fan on, but still black screen NO mouse cursor
My Laptop Beeps When I Press 3 Keys at Once?...
My New Laptop Beeps When I Press 3 Keys at Once?...
when i press back space key on my laptop right click mouse option window is displaying
Laptop keyboard keys are pressed automatically
i'm trying to do system recovery for my windows 8 toshiba satellite laptop but after pressing [yes] to the HDD recovery menu,

ASK THE COMMUNITY