My laptop isn't using the correct graphics card its using the intel hd 530 instead of its Nvidia gtx 960m

HeroscapeZ

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I don't know what to do anymore. Halo 5 told me I was using the wrong card.
Attempted solutions:
Disabling intel card
result: No graphics card was used for Halo 5
Nvidia Control panel game specific 3D setting
result: in panel it said it was changed but Halo 5 said it was still using the intel 530

Its not just Halo 5, but Halo 5 tells me what card I am using so I found it a good way to test, other games have been under performing lately.

HeroscapeZ

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I tried all 3 of the options, here are my results, which are somewhat confusing to me:
Auto Select(High-Performance NVIDIA Processor): Says I am using the intel 530
High-Performance NVIDIA Processor: Same as above
Integrated Graphics: Here is where I am most confused, forgive my lack of knowledge on this sort of thing, but this one seems to work fine for everything. Halo 5 does not tell me I am using a poor graphics card, and my other games on integrated seem to do fine. So is integrated my NVIDIA 960M? I assumed that integrated would be the worst, yet its seemingly the best of my 3 options.

HeroscapeZ

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

this? :
TIBEkjx.png

HeroscapeZ

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Nope. I opened up the back panel yesterday (after taking that screenshot) to see if it was perhaps out of place or something but I don't have access to my GPU through that, so I put it back on and gave up for the night. Also, not sure if I mentioned this in my first post, but this only started being a problem once I updated my drivers through geforce experience.before I updated them it was fine, but certain games told me to update if I wanted to keep playing them and so I updated and now it doesnt seem to even exist.

edit: okay so I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them without updating, and while they work as the auto select for most games, some games (Halo 5 namely) dont give me any options aside from integrated and the prcocessor.