adhiyan99

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Hello guys,
So the story is, last week my fan laptop ASUS A43SD is noisy and not working normally, so i decide to go to the neighboring service centre.. I make them change my laptop fan... but after the fan is changed, i was unable to use my nvidia 610M anymore... Everytime i open a games with my nvidia the laptop is shut down after some time...

This trouble never occured before i changed the fan... can you guys help me with this problem? i was so frustrated googling all over coming with zero outcome... help me please

Solution

That is a let down. I cant believe that they would just tell you that your dedicated graphics card will no longer work. If I were you I would insist that they fix this problem. Laptops with dedicated graphics cards are expensive and you pay extra for the feature of...

Zyb3r

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hello

It might be possible that they just removed the fan all together and this is causing the laptop to get too hot and shutdown to protect itself. They might also have damaged something else while fiddling around. I would check if there is a fan to begin with and if it is working. These dedicated GPUs inside a laptop get quite warm and if the heat is not removed effectively the temperatures might be getting too high.

Hope this helps :)

adhiyan99

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
thanks for the reply, but what do u mean removed the fan all together? i already opened my laptop and ofcourse the new fan is working normally.. although i think it is in bad shape...

if the laptop get too hot , it will shutdown itself... i know bout this, but the shutdown is only happening if i used the nvidia 610m graphic, every program i am trying to open will always causing the laptop to shutdown. But when i used the intel HD graphic, i can play games and etc wihtout the laptop getting shut down..

i've been wondering bout this for awhile now mann, did u have any other suggestion?
thx for hearing me out, most appreciated

Zyb3r

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hi

Just too be on the safe side, if the fan is working correctly and heat is not the issue, make sure that all your graphics drivers are up to date. If that is the case and the problem persists, then I will assume that the graphics card or the board connecting it might not be seated correctly or may have been damaged when they swapped out the fan. I think you should take it back to them and let them check it out, you would probably get some sort of warranty since they were the ones that opened it up.

adhiyan99

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
graphic driver is not the issue, i have ones from asus official website... well, 1 hour ago i went to the service place again, they said like this " im sorry i forgot to tell you that ur nvidia will be unable to use with this new fan"...what a simple mindless answer, oh my godd..i'm to disappointed with that place and not asking much more.

so thats it
i wonder, whats the uncompatible part between fan and graphic card?
well now i know the answer, thanks very much zyb3r

Zyb3r

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

That is a let down. I cant believe that they would just tell you that your dedicated graphics card will no longer work. If I were you I would insist that they fix this problem. Laptops with dedicated graphics cards are expensive and you pay extra for the feature of having it, now they tell you, you cant use it. Insist on the correct fan replacement or that they make a plan.

Let me know if you get anywhere, also since the problem has been found can you please mark the thread as solved.

Solution

Zyb3r

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

I think your right yes, the only thing I can think that it might be is that the GPU checks if there is a fan connected to it to stop itself from overheating, kind of like when you boot your PC without a CPU cooler attached and the BIOS warns you. The fan might not be connected to the right connection or it is not picking up or recognizing the fan. That is all I can think. You should really inquire as to what is wrong.