My laptop turn off when installing an OS

ralden

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Good day everyone, i have problem installing an OS (windows 7) on my laptop, so first of all, this laptop before i reformat it, have past issue about suddenly shutting down whenever i open it (when it open in normal window mode, but works fine in safe mode), because of that i reformat it thinking that it has a virus. So i try to install ubuntu, but keeps turned off when installing, so i decided to install another windows 7, but just like before it shut down suddenly. i already opened inside, clean the fan, the heat sink and others, but it still turned off. so what do you guys think the problem? thanks in advance,

krazyclickin

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Hello, this may be of some help to you. Most of the laptops that I own and service, have had this happen at one time or another. The most commen problems were as follows, loose ram module,s ,cpu, harddrive, and any of the ribbons to and from the motherboard. You may also check the power settings in your bios aswell.

krazyclickin

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Hello, this may be of some help to you. Most of the laptops that I own and service, have had this happen at one time or another. The most commen problems were as follows, loose ram module,s ,cpu, harddrive, and any of the ribbons to and from the motherboard. You may also check the power settings in your bios aswell.

ralden

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015

How can i check the power setting from the bios? and what do i expect from the power setting, please elaborate this thanks :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 2
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Srijal Kc Laptop Tech Support 2
sprotz Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 3
shad0walker Laptop Tech Support 4