Solved! My laptop turns off when internal HDD is attached

Jan 16, 2021
my laptop didn't have this problem before though, it just started yesterday that when I turned it on it turns on a few seconds showing the laptop brand logo then turns off afterwards. I tried to fix it by removing the HDD and it turned on afterwards bringing me to the laptop's boot system then I just exited it and preceded to a black screen with press F4 note since it did not have HDD. but then when I attached the HDD and pressed F4 it successfully booted and started back to windows but after shutting down the system properly then turning it back on it occured the same problem again. I am aware my laptop has no battery as of now, the laptop has ever since run directly through its power adapter and it didn't have this kind of problem before, it just occured now. what seems to be the sudden problem of this?

Solution
Very strange. For not too much money you can buy an adapter to connect your HDD to a USB port and another computer. See if the HDD is recognized and try running some test software on the drive. If you drive has SMART circuitry (most do) find a program that with read that data also. What is strange is that you go away with plugging it in once with the power on and things worked. Makes me thing the drive is not starting up correctly. Try it on an adapter and see what happens.
Jan 16, 2021
HDDs in laptops should never be plugged in with the power on. Good way to damage something. Running without a battery is probably OK but it depends on the machine an the external charger. Does anything flash up on the screen besides the logo?
nothing else appears, only the Samsung logo then it suddenly turns off as long as the HDD is attatched.

Very strange. For not too much money you can buy an adapter to connect your HDD to a USB port and another computer. See if the HDD is recognized and try running some test software on the drive. If you drive has SMART circuitry (most do) find a program that with read that data also. What is strange is that you go away with plugging it in once with the power on and things worked. Makes me thing the drive is not starting up correctly. Try it on an adapter and see what happens.

Solution
Jan 16, 2021
will try on it as soon as get an adapter. thanks for the tip 😅