My laptop working very slow. What I have to do?

AJammy

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi everyone. I have laptop. HP ProBook processor core i3. It is 4 years old. From Last 7-8 months its bothering me with is processing speed. Some time it goes to hang. Then I start it by doing shut down/restarting. Then sometimes it works right for few minutes (hardly 15 to 30 minutes) and again goes to slow/hanged. There is no problem in internet speed. I do all things like deleting cookies and browsing history. Hard disk is 250 GB. All most I kept it empty. But still the problem is occur.
I have not installed any unwanted software. Even the software I have installed and are not in use from long time been uninstalled. I have also format my all data drive excluding C drive. But I am still facing this problem.
Is this sign of problem in operating system? Or any else. Pleas recommend me what I have to do to shot out this problem.

As you install more onto the computer, it will slow down. Consider removing unwanted programs, running Ccleaner, and defrag the drive if you have not already done all of that.

I'm guessing your hard drive is not very fast, either; your hard drive is almost certainly a big part of what's causing your computer to be so slow. As you install more software to the computer and as the drive gets old, it's common for the whole computer to seem sluggish. You may want to consider upgrading your hard drive.

Also: Use a program to check your computer's temperatures (HWiNFO and HWMonitor are good). If the CPU is getting too hot (over 90 C), it will slow down to prevent overheating. If you notice high temperatures, consider using an air compressor to clean the inside of the computer out. It's possible the CPU even needs new thermal compound.

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, AJammy.

Have you monitored the CPU's temperature, this could be due to overheating, especially if the laptop hasn't been cleaned throughout those years. I'd also recommend that you run an HDD diagnostic tool, to test the drive and see if any errors or bad sectors pop-up. You could also run a RAM diagnostic tool to test the memory as well. Those two (hard drive and RAM) are often the culprits behind freezes like these and slow system performance and could also cause crashes and BSOD.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

As you install more onto the computer, it will slow down. Consider removing unwanted programs, running Ccleaner, and defrag the drive if you have not already done all of that.

I'm guessing your hard drive is not very fast, either; your hard drive is almost certainly a big part of what's causing your computer to be so slow. As you install more software to the computer and as the drive gets old, it's common for the whole computer to seem sluggish. You may want to consider upgrading your hard drive.

Also: Use a program to check your computer's temperatures (HWiNFO and HWMonitor are good). If the CPU is getting too hot (over 90 C), it will slow down to prevent overheating. If you notice high temperatures, consider using an air compressor to clean the inside of the computer out. It's possible the CPU even needs new thermal compound.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 6
O Laptop Tech Support 1
Nixie_Naxie Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
sketchameeny Laptop Tech Support 1
JoostJoost Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 0
U Laptop Tech Support 0
pabitrakumarm084 Laptop Tech Support 1
Pentovillianking Laptop Tech Support 1