My Lexar SD card is saying that it is not inserted

fuzzy232004

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
I have a Motorola phone. I had bought a 32 gigabyte Lexar SD card. Just recently there was a message that popped up on my screen saying that my SD card was not inserted. Also all of my apps that were on the SD card had turned gray. So I just took out the SD card then reinserted it, then it worked again like normally, the colour came back to the apps. But today when it happened, when I reinserted the SD card the apps weren't on my screen at all, and the SD card was never found. Usually I wait like 20 seconds then it finds the SD card. But today I waited like 2 mins and it was still "checking SD card". All of my favourite apps are on that SD card. Does anyone know how to fix this! Pls advise!

Solution
You should check to make sure there isn't any dust, food, debris, etc., in the slot. Also that nothing in it is bent. Should that not be the issue, try inserting a different card and see if it will read it. If it does, your card may be bad or going bad. You would then need to move all the apps on the card back to the phone and then put in a new SD card and then set that one up to hold apps.
You should check to make sure there isn't any dust, food, debris, etc., in the slot. Also that nothing in it is bent. Should that not be the issue, try inserting a different card and see if it will read it. If it does, your card may be bad or going bad. You would then need to move all the apps on the card back to the phone and then put in a new SD card and then set that one up to hold apps.

Solution