Solved! my msi was wiped & is stuck in bios loop

Dec 3, 2020
help a girl out. im not in the slightest tech savy..my BF wiped his MSI GT72VR before sending it to me. when it arrived it wouldnt boot at all. the windows became corrupt so i downloaded W10 on usb and successfully transfered to msi..no it wont boot at all, it goes straight to the bios menu (which ive changed the boot order to windows runner as 1 etc) but still boots up on bios menu no matter how much i have googled and tried changing ...im currently in a constant loop of either the windows install window but when completes it goes strait to bios...im stuck and going out of my mind , please help a girl out :(

Solution
Kind of high-level steps:
  1. On another computer, download the Win10 installation tool to the computer. Do this by following the steps at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Select the option to make media for another computer.
  2. Run the tool just downloaded. Direct the output to an empty USB stick at least 8GB in size.
  3. Start your computer and enter the BIOS (hope you know how to do this)... Change the boot order settings to boot from the USB as the first choice. You may also need to turn off secure boot if that is enabled.
  4. Restart the computer and hopefully you will now boot from the USB. If that happens, you will be asked some installation questions and asked if you want to install or repair...
Kind of high-level steps:
  1. On another computer, download the Win10 installation tool to the computer. Do this by following the steps at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Select the option to make media for another computer.
  2. Run the tool just downloaded. Direct the output to an empty USB stick at least 8GB in size.
  3. Start your computer and enter the BIOS (hope you know how to do this)... Change the boot order settings to boot from the USB as the first choice. You may also need to turn off secure boot if that is enabled.
  4. Restart the computer and hopefully you will now boot from the USB. If that happens, you will be asked some installation questions and asked if you want to install or repair. Choose install.
That should do it.

Solution