My Panasonic TV won't turn on but the power light keeps flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocodog413

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
The power light keeps flashing and the TV won't turn on. If you unplug for a minute and hit the power button, it sounds like it is coming on then it shuts off and the red power light flashes slowly. The TV is a Panasonic 1080i HDTV, and is about 6-7 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

linrodri

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hi - I am now running into this same issue and have the same TV and bought it around 6-7 years ago as well. We bought it from Tweeter back in the day. So what did you do to fix the problem? I waited a few minutes but now am going to wait 24 hours before plugging it back in. You advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

maqudeli

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
me too, I waited a few minutes but now am going to wait 24 hours before plugging it back in. You advice is greatly appreciated.
iEylwb

thebeagle02

Estimable
May 29, 2014

Sounds like your capacitors have gone on the power board. If you can solder, then its a cheap repair!

Furch_

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

I found that unplugging the tv for 5 minutes completely from the wall does the trick, otherwose it is a bigger issue.

Beth_3

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
I am having the same issue. We aren't big tv watchers either so we haven't even used it all that much. Not sure if that matters but this is just ridiculous. It's mounted in an entertainment center so this is going to be a bitch.....I've tried unplugging it. Worked the first time. Not now. Thanks for all the responses. At least I know where to start now.:pt1cable:

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Count the flashes. Panasonic is really good about that with its coding. You can Google the listing, and the amount of flashes will yell you exactly which component is bunk. My pana plasma had 6 flashes, so it turned out to be the SC pcb which is the main buffer board. $400 part, 3 mins to fix once the back is off (that took 10 mins with almost 30 screws). Very simple fix, there's only 5 boards and a power converter in my pana.

Status
Not open for further replies.