my PC wont recognise my new tablet-via USB cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

longliz1888

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I have a Superpad 7 Android 4.0 tablet. I tried to link it to my PC using a USB cable to copy and move files onto the tablet but the tablet device never appears on my computer so I can't move my files except by using a usb flash drive which is more time consuming. Do I need a driver or something for this. Windows did search for drivers but it just kept searching and searching.
Any help you can offer would be appreciated. I have tried several suggestions such as debugging on the tablet and turning on the tablet and then inserting the cables etc but none of these have worked either. We dont have wireless broadband in our home only regular broadband.

Solution
You have to mount the storage in the tablet to get it to show up on Windows. The setting will probably look like "Enable USB Mass Storage" or something like that. Connect it to the computer, turn that on, and you should be good to go. Windows shouldn't need any drivers.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
You have to mount the storage in the tablet to get it to show up on Windows. The setting will probably look like "Enable USB Mass Storage" or something like that. Connect it to the computer, turn that on, and you should be good to go. Windows shouldn't need any drivers.

Solution

longliz1888

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

The only thing I could find in storage settings says enable media scanning on USB which I already had checked. Its still not coming up as a new device. I am new to tablets ( as you can tell). I also have micro sd card mounted. That reads fine on the tablet. As ext sd card.
Any other ideas? I do appreciate the help.

longliz1888

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Finally got it sorted. Found a instruction manual that gave a bit of detail on some of the buttons and functions and tried the find device thing on windows again and it finally detected it and installed drivers. Tried moving some stuff from pc to tablet and it works. Thanks for your help Willard.

ginamarie5000

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Can you please detail for me how you did that? I cannot get my HP tx2 laptop PC to recognize my ACER Iconia W3 Tablet using a micro to USB cable. The tablet recognizes the PC just fine, but the PC does not recognize the tablet. The OS on the PC is Vista. The OS on the tablet is Windows 8. Acer did not give me any support and I have spent exhaustive hours online trying to find an answer. Can you help? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.